Northrop Grumman GBSD Staff Systems Sytems Test Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Candidate will be responsible for planning and executing test operations at the Strategic Missile Test and Production Complex for System Test.
• Develop, perform, and document tests, includes test planning, test conduction, data analysis and documenting test results as part of the Ground Test Team
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program
• Verify specifications and designs through testing, test data processing, and support modeling and simulation and performance analysis
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Create technical reports and present test and analysis results
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment
Interface with internal and external customers
Travel for this position is expected up to 10% of the time.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelors of Science degree with 14 years of experience; 12 years with a Master's of Science degree; 9 with a PhD. An additional 4 years of related work experience may be counted in lieu of a degree
US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
Demonstrated experience in test planning or test execution
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Experience with testing in accordance with SMC-S-016
Prior experience with EMI/EMC or RF testing
Prior Experience or knowledge of ICBM test methodologies
Demonstrated ability working with cross-functional teams and customers
Demonstrated knowledge and use of instrumentation and data acquisition type systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering