Northrop Grumman GBSD - Staff Electrical Engineer - Launch Equipment in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position is located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The qualified applicant will support the development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
This includes the following duties and responsibilities:
• Perform analyses and documentation of the design in accordance with program requirements and institutional processes
• Perform detailed hardware design including part selection, schematic, and working with CAD personnel for part placement and signal routing
• Interact with other team members and software groups to determine interfaces and operating characteristics
• Generate documentation and brief packages for multiple program boards
• Work either individually or as part of a team to develop test procedures and hardware to verify engineering models (units)
• Support the fabrication team or supplier for hardware build. Define layout constraints and provide oversight, support manufacturing process of engineering models (units)
• Presents assigned work at program technical reviews, or other technical meetings.
• Experience working in a cross functional environment (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, test engineering, production engineering, etc.) to translate customer requirements and functional block diagrams
• Conduct trade studies, identify and present alternate design options
• Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
• Interface with AF Customer
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's in Science degree in Electrical Engineering or in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 14 years of experience; 12 years with Master's Degree; 9 years with PhD
Experience architecting Real-time simulators
Experience leading and managing development team's technical scope, schedule & budget
Active DoD Secret Clearance granted or updated within last 6 years
Familiarity with ICBM systems
Knowledgeable in distribution systems and monitoring systems/hardware
Working knowledge of CAD programs such as NX and Mentor Capital
Knowledgeable in current Cyber Security Requirements and methods
Experience with Systems Engineering Principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering