Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr. Principal Test Planning and Requirements Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Sr. Principal Test Planninig and Requirements Systems Engineer for the System Test Team IPT. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Functions of this role include:
• Develop and execute the integrated test strategy of the program for the Integrated Test Facility.
• Synthesize test requirements into verification requirements, test objectives, success criteria, and required resources for system level tests and demonstrations.
• Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports.
• Execution of qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
• Develop test enabling product requirements (i.e,, MGSE, EGSE, test instrumentation, test facilities).
• Creation of test ConOps flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements and/or constraints
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, technical stakeholders, peers, and customers.
• Participate in internal and customer test planning working groups.
• Support program reviews and customer delivery (CDRL) development
• Lead test planning campaigns through major program milestones and/or mission threads
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline and 9 years of engineering experience; or a Master's of Science in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline with 7 years of engineering experience, or 4 years of engineering experience with a PhD.
• Working knowledge of test engineering principles and processes
• Active DOD Secret Clearance with completed investigation within the last 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related discipline with 12+ years of relatable work experience
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Understanding of Northrop Grumman test processes and tools
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Prior experience in missile program test planning
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering