Northrop Grumman GBSD - Sr. Principal Systems Engineer - Physical Security Systems Lead in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team as a Physical Security Systems Lead Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
Lead engineer on team developing intrusion detection or video assessment systems for high value assets. Includes requirements development, model based system engineering products, product selection, interface definition, product development, integration into larger system, product and system testing, design baseline/deployment/sustainment documentation generation (drawings, specifications, installation instructions, maintenance instructions).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Minimum 9 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline; 7 years with a Master's degree; 4 years with a PhD
• Active DoD Secret clearance with last certification within last 5 years
• Experience as lead engineer working on product teams
• Demonstrated system design and systems engineering experience
• Experience developing and designing a multi device communication network
• Knowledge of various data transmission formats (e.g. Serial, TCP/IP, Fiber, etc.)
• Experience with image processing and automated image analysis
• TS clearance, or ability to obtain TS
• Model Based Systems Engineering process and tool experience (DOORS and Cameo preferred)
• Modelling and analysis experience (Matlab preferred)
• Drawing generation experience (NX preferred)
• Agile development process and tool familiarity (Jira and Confluence preferred)
• AFI 31-101 and DoDM 5210.41M familiarity
• Experience with high value security systems and processes
• Experience working DoD acquisition projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering