Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr Procurement Specialist. This position will be located in Roy, UT* and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
• Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
• Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
• In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
• Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
• Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
• Issues purchase orders.
• Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
• Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
• Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders.
Must have general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General application of concepts, and principles. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role will sit in Roy, Utah when the campus opens which is anticipated to be June 2020. Until this time, you may temporarily office out of Ogden or Promontory facilities.
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience or a Master's degree plus 8 years of experience. Degree must be in business-related field.
Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with the management of other organizations (program management, contracts, business management, etc.) as well as with the suppliers on the program.
Must be motivated, organized and have effective time management skills.
Must be able to effectively work independently with general supervision.
Must have Microsoft Office experience
Must be able to receive a Secret Clearance.
Experience with FAR/DFARS.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain