Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr. Principal Network Communications Administrator in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a Sr. Principal Network Communications Administrator. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you'll get to do:
• Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
• Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators and computer/facility organizations. Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 Years of related experience; Master Degree and 7 years; or Ph.D. and 4 years.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
• Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP
• Knowledge and experience with LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking, and spanning
• Knowledge and experience with Cisco hardware.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
• Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES).
• Knowledge of classified network design is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology