Northrop Grumman GBSD- Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer - System Deployment in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer to join the Integration and Deployment Team. This position will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
As a Mechanical Engineer for the Deployment team you will be responsible for integrating and implementing deployment of structures/equipment to include: flight vehicle, mechanical, electrical, communications, and software at the cutting edge of space technology. You will be responsible for the mentoring of a multi-disciplined team of junior engineers and technicians developing work procedures, drawings, and the planning of installs. You will utilize a Systems Engineering approach to establish functional and performance requirements related to deployments. You will integrate across multiple product teams to influence the product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, vehicle implementation, design and development of the support equipment, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and deployment of delivered hardware.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, have excellent communication, time management skills, and build strong mentoring relationships with junior engineers. A higher grade may be considered based on the successful candidate's related experience.
Broad responsibilities in the following areas are also expected:
• Identifies risks and opportunities and coordinates with project teams to mitigate and retire risks
• Evaluate issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives
• Ensure consistent processes and consistent process implementation across the deployment team
• Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills
• Develop and maintain metrics and process documentation
• Strong understanding of entire product lifecycle, modeling and engineering best practices
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related STEM discipline with 9 years of relatable work experience; 7 years with a Master's of Science in a STEM discipline; 4 years with PhD
• Experience with requirements analysis, trade studies, design solutions, test, and validation
• Experience in team environment with leadership responsibilities including communication and driving tasking to closure to ensure customer satisfaction and program goals
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills used to:
• Develop and maintain process documentation
• Develop and maintain technical documentation that will be used by field technicians for installation of critical ICBM equipment
• Support customer reviews and milestones
• Able to obtain an active DoD Secret clearance
• Recent/relevant 10 years of MMIII ICBM experience in ground and flight equipment/hardware
• Experience with ICBM nuclear effects engineering
• Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD in NX
• Proficient with Teamcenter
• Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
• Experience in creating process health, progress and stability metrics
• Systems engineering experience for product development
• Familiarity with Cameo or DOORs
• Active Secret or Top Secret clearance with investigation in the last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering