Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal/Sr. Prinicipal Thermal Analyst in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Principal/ Sr. Principal Thermal Analyst to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Roy, Utah with some travel to El Segundo.
The ideal candidate will have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of thermal engineering and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Thermal systems requirements development
• Perform thermal analysis to develop and optimize thermal control designs and provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
• Document thermal analyses and designs,
• Review and approve drawings for thermal design hardware content
• Report analyses results and design specifics to internal management and external customers.
• Work with test engineering to plan and execute subsystem level thermal tests, as well as perform associated analyses.
• Provide feedback regarding impacts of possible cost and/ or schedule changes
• Work and execute independently with minimal technical oversight and general direction
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This will include development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Job Category : Engineering