Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal/Sr. Principal - Electrical Engineering Applications Support Analyst in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a GBSD Principal/Sr. Principal Electrical Engineering Applications Support Analyst. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The position will deploy, support, customize and maintain the suite of commercial applications used by electrical engineering including Cadence, Keysight, Ansys tool suites, and RF/Antenna tools among others.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilties:
• End-user support of electrical engineering software
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
• Requirements definition and planning
• Server configuration
• Client S/W installation
• Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
• License management
• Trouble ticket resolution
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
You'll Bring These Qualifications for Principal:
- Bachelors of Science with 5 years' experience; 3 years with a Masters of Science; 2 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant work experience may be counted in lieu of a Bachelors of Science degree.
You'll Bring These Qualifications for Senior Principal:
-Bachelors of Science with 9 years' experience; 7 years with a Masters of Science; 4 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant work experience may be counted in lieu of a Bachelors of Science degree.
• Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance. Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• The ideal candidate will have an Electrical Engineering background having had experience in electrical design software tools, such as: Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Ansys, and Synopsys, Keysight.
• Preferred candidate will also have a software background either as a developer or as an administrator • Possess current CompTIA Security+ certification
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools as they apply to electrical product development cycles.
• SQL/Oracle Database experience
• Ability to administer applications on various OS's - Windows and Linux
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology