Northrop Grumman GBSD - Principal Systems Engineer - Interface Design and MBSE Architecture in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team to support Model Based SE System Interface Design. This position will be located in Roy, UT and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
•Lead the Definition, Development, Evaluation and Maintenance of DoDAF/UPDM UML-based Models of architecture viewpoints, including requirements and parametric models in CAMEO or similar technology
•Support the development of System Architecture Descriptions and associated artifacts, such as system design descriptions consistent with DoD Data Item Description guidance
•Perform Model access, configuration management and change control
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Minimum 5 years of systems or test engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline; 3 years with a Master's degree; 0 years with a PhD
• Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), tools, techniques and concepts; Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" model (IEEE 15288, 12207) and all phases of its lifecycle
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
• Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, with a background investigation date within 6 years
• Working knowledge of DOORS
• At least 3 years of experience with CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages; Technical Experience with SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions.
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts
• Experience briefing to senior leadership
• Experience with version control using Atlassian, or other tools
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering