Northrop Grumman GBSD - Principal / Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer - Re-entry Systems Structural Design and Analysis in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal / Sr. PrincipalMechanical Engineer to join the Payload Team. This position is in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will join the Payload Reentry System (PRS) Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Mechanical and Electrical Design Team (MDI/EDI) as a Mechanical Design Engineer for aerospace equipment.
Duties includes the testing and validation of those designs. Will apply extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively and clearly, presenting technical approaches and findings. Will provide technical oversight of a sub-contractor as well as perform in house design activities. Must be familiar with 3D design tools (NX preferred) and their application. Will provide expertise using Siemens TeamCenter, enough to be able to train other team members in its use. Will create and review 3D annotated models intended for manufacture and/or assembly, through the engineering release process. Will oversee the integration of multiple systems together including electro-mechanical systems with gas actuated mechanisms. Will interpret test data and determine impacts to various sub-systems. Will review analysis data and assess impacts to the various subsystems. Utilization of FEM analysis when appropriate.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Principal Mechanical Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 3 years
• Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 7 years, or PhD with 4 years
• Experience with PLM Tools (i.e TeamCenter)
• Active Top Secret Clearance required to start
• Experience using NX CAD (or similar CAD tool)
• Experience with Model Based Definition
• Experience with ICBM Weapon System or Aerospace programs is preferable
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis using Abaqus and or NX Nastran/FEMAP
• Experience with FEM analysis of aerospace structures
Experience with CPLM TeamCenter Tool
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering