Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Manufacturing Engineer - CLT LGC in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Level 3 Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Change Management Team. Learn more about the GBSD program here
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
What You'll Get To Do:
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with preferred knowledge in the fabrication, assembly, system integration, and testing of missile hardware. The candidate will be involved in assisting other NG sectors and suppliers with developing a Manufacturing Plan, conducting Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRA), and executing the startup of a new program. The candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of Customer, NGC, and Supplier employees and leadership.
Primary responsibilities will include providing technical and administrative leadership and guidance to the program Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Suppliers for developing the manufacturing planning and successful preparation and execution of MRA's. This will include establishing a program project plan and schedule that is aligned with the IPT Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Provide advanced technological ideas and Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to resolve technical questions and ensure compliance and execution to the Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) Deskbook, and Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Statement of Work (SOW) requirements. In addition, responsibilities will include providing technical input to the Manufacturing Plan.
• Develops processes by studying requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
• Collaborates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues
• Coordinates with the integration team on day-to-day activities. Resolves complex process issues.
• Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support activities.
• Design and procure specialized tooling and fixtures.
• Investigates root cause of discrepancies and implements corrective actions.
• Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
• Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes
• Educates/trains operators on new and existing processes.
You'll Bring These Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an aerospace or military aviation Manufacturing Engineering role with a STEM degree, 7 years with a Non STEM degree.
• In depth understanding and application of Industrial Engineering technical expertise along with a knowledge of other related disciplines
• Experience resolving manufacturing process issues
• Experience training operators on a new or improved process
• Experience with Process Control Documentation
• Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to advanced problems which require ingenuity and innovation
• Capable of working with minimal direction, independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments, and presents work upon completion for high level review
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience using SAP, Windows software packages and other electronic databases.
• Demonstrated experience working in a Model Based Manufacturing digital environment.
• Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience performing Manufacturing Readiness Assessment's and establishing Manufacturing Readiness Levels per DoD customer requirements.
• Previous experience on high rate production military program.
• Experience with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM).
• Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree.
• Experience with Siemens NX tools and Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
• Knowledge of AS6500 requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering