Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Design Assurance Systems Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Design Assurance Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Examine engineering models, systems, and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and practicability; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
• Audit the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Participate in board meetings as a Mission Assurance / Design Assurance representative for design buy-off
• Preparation and presentation of reports, briefings, design documents (drawings and specifications) and interface with internal and external customers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelors in Science degree with a minimum 5 years of related experience; or 3 years with a Masters; 0 years with a PhD.
Active Secret Clearance or higher with an adjudication date within the last 6 years
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Systems Engineering, or in Integration Design
Root Cause and Corrective Action Experience (FRACAS)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Bachelors in Science degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Chemical)
Experience in ICBMs or Aerospace programs
Experience with Siemens NX, Teamcenter, Cameo and DOORS
Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence)
Active Top Secret Clearance
Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering principles, and principles of verification approach
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering