Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Cyber Information Assurance Analyst in Roy, Utah
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services (NGES). As a part of the NGES Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
NGES Classified Information Systems Security (CISS) organization is seeking a Principal Cyber Information Assurance Analyst. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). Learn more about the GBSD program here.
You will get to:
• Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
• Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
• Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., JSIG, DAAPM, NISPOM), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
• Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
• Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
• Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
• Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
5 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree OR 3 years with a Master's Degree OR 9 years of experience with an Associate's Degree
Must have an Active/In-Scope Secret security clearance
Must have a DoD 8570 IAM Level I Certification (Example: Security+ CE)
• 2 years of Information Systems Security Officer/Manager experience • Current DOD 8570 IAM Level I security certification (Examples: Security +CE) • Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Red Hat operating system.
• Working knowledge and understanding of auditing, vulnerability scanning/remediation, SIEMs, DISA STIGS, configuration/change control, and implementation of Risk Management Framework.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
• Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks in a collaborative team environment within schedules and timelines
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology