Northrop Grumman GBSD Mgr Supply Chain Programs 2 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Manager of Supply Chain Programs. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will lead the day-to-day supply chain execution of the Digital Engineering and Training Systems IPTs for the GBSD Program. This position reports directly to the senior Director of Supply Chain Programs for GBSD.
The Manager of Supply Chain Programs for the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program will lead a diverse team of supply chain managers and professionals responsible for major subcontractors and/or major subcontracted systems, as well as complex Bills of Material (BOMs). This manager's responsibilities include collaborating with senior level division, IPT and program executive leadership to understand business requirements and identify and manage the needs for subcontracts and material across the program. Primary responsibilities will include planning, negotiations, risk management and functional performance, managing key subcontractor cost, schedule, technical and quality performance to specifically include:
• Develops the material strategy and leads the activities for GSC in all phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) as it relates to the IPT's content;
• Ensures that prior to execution, all elements of the proposed program(s) plans have complete and accurate schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and procurement and subcontracts strategies;
• Leads supply chain program execution and is accountable for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution;
• Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor;
• Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications;
• Ensures subcontractor performs within the established program cost, schedule and quality requirements;
• Participates in supplier/subcontractor negotiations in collaboration with the Subcontracts Organization;
• Conducts program reviews with the suppliers, subcontractors and program office;
• Leads the BOM execution strategy and sets priority with the Procurement team; and
• Briefs the Program Management Office (PMO) and executive management on the status and issues affecting Program cost and schedule performance.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering and/or technical discipline and a minimum of 6 years' experience (or 4 years with a Masters) in defense or aerospace systems and/or management in development or production projects.
Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques, practices or theories gained through wide seasoning and/or special development, specific to cost-reimbursable subcontracts.
Demonstrated experience in major subcontractor management.
Demonstrated success in leading managers and/or professionals to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
Ability to create and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers.
Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
U.S citizen and possesses US Government Secret clearance.
2+ years leading and/or managing teams.
Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Technical field.
Possesses US Government Top Secret clearance.
4+ years leading and/or managing teams. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain