Northrop Grumman GBSD -Mechanical Engineer/Principal Mechanical Engineer - Command and Launch in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer/Principal Mechancial Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position is located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The individual in this role will serve as a test hardware engineer on the Command and Launch (C&L) Integration, Assembly, Test and Checkout (IAT&C) team. The scope spans requirements, analysis, verification, and laboratory testing and flight test support. Responsibilities include mechanical analysis using computer-aided design (CAD), conducting packaging trades, interference analyses, and supporting the fabrication, assembly, and test of the hardware. The engineer will interact with subcontractors as well as other Northrop Grumman teams at the sub-segment or element level. This position reports to the IAT&C Test Lead and works as segment level integrator/ tester for the Command & Launch team.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Mechanical Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and minimum 2 years of experience; 0 years with Master's Degree
• Principal Mechanical Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and minimum 5 years of experience; 3 years with Master's Degree, 0 years with PhD
• 3D CAD and mechanical design experience
• Experience performing tolerance and interference analyses
• Experience with electronic packaging and mechanical design for high reliability, aerospace applications
• Working knowledge of system testing and integration
• Current Active DoD Secret clearance awarded in the past 6 years
• Ability to obtain and hold a Top Secret, SCI, or Special Access clearance
Experience using Siemens NX and/or Teamcenter
Experience working in an Agile environment.
Experience with electrical design and/or electronics manufacturing process and qualification activities
Experience in model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
Experience using DOORS, Cameo EA, Jira, Confluence, and MATLAB
Experience using or creating Python tools for design and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering