Northrop Grumman GBSD - Liquid Propulsion Manager 2 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Propulsion Manager 2 with experience in Liquid propulsion, to lead an experienced team of mechanical engineers in the design, analysis, manufacture and test of Post boost missile propulsion systems. This position will work on our GBSD program in either Roy, Utah or Huntsville, Alabama.
• Lead a team in Developing Post Boost Propulsion System architecture
• Lead System and component level analyses of complex fluid thermal systems
• Lead Component engineering and testing
• Lead Component and propulsion system manufacturing and test
• Develop Propulsion flight operations
• Research, analysis, system design and development of missile liquid propulsion systems and flight hardware procurement and technical oversight with suppliers and interfacing with customers.
• Applying research to the design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Supporting testing and flight operations as well as authoring procedures and other engineering instructions for test or operating engineers or customer use.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
These positions will have a standard work schedule of 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of experience
• Current or active Secret clearance or higher investigated within the last 6 years
• Relevant work experience in fluid mechanics, compressible flow and/or thermodynamics of propulsion systems.
• 5+ years with direct experience with designing liquid propulsion systems or fluid systems including review of relevant analysis, manufacturing drawings, authoring test procedures or hands on pressure or hot fire, engine test support.
• 3 years of experience with industry standard fluid/ thermal and/or mechanical analysis software, design standards and/or documentation related to propulsion system or subsystem design.
• 20% Travel may be required.
• Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Experience leading spacecraft propulsion testing
• Experience leading hardware procurement/supply chain operations
• Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering