Northrop Grumman GBSD- Launch Facility Design Integration Systems Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Design Integration Engineer. This role focuses on technical integration of complex integrated systems making up the Silo / Launch Facility. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
What you will get to do:
• Coordination & collaboration with the Command & Launch Segment System Engineering and Command & Launch Product Development teams
• Supporting system, segment, element and unit level trade studies
• Supporting a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
• Identifying required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure
• Coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
• A current DoD Secret clearance awarded within past 5 years is required to be considered for this position
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 2 years of experience or a Master's Degree
• Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
• Proficiency in MS Office
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
• A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
• Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
• Familiarity with Model- Driven Systems Engineering languages (SysML /UML) and concepts and CORE knowledge a plus
• Excellent technical writing skills, and team building skills
• Subcontractor technical oversight experience
• Demonstrated communication skills and flexibility
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering