Northrop Grumman Senior Principal Engineer Systems in Rome, New York
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea -it is a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
Northrop GrummanTechnology Servicesis looking for a SeniorSystems Engineer towork in a leading- edge research, cloud environment.
The Systems Engineer will help overcome software integration challenges which include: the hindrance of rapid innovation due to lack of a standard'; the inability to rapidly pull in existing systems/data; the undefined vision for leveraging future capabilities; and programs that aren't capable of communicating with other systems/applications. The end goal is integrated, multi-domain information flow within a cloud environment.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related STEM degree plus9 years of relevant experience;a Master of Sciencedegree in Computer Science or a related STEM degree plus 7 years of relevant experience; or a PhD in a related field plus 4 years of experience
- Familiarity with virtualization
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing technologies
- Ability to decompose and allocate system requirements into discrete system components and capabilities
- Ability to work on small multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Familiarity with software accreditation and certification
- Systems integration experience
- U.S. citizenship, withthe ability to obtain and maintaina Department of DefenseTS/SCI clearance
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within a reasonable timeframe from start date Preferred Qualifications: -Current, active Department of Defense (DoD)TS/SCI clearance
- Experience deploying software systems within a Cloud environment
- Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Amazon Web Services Certification
- Familiarity with one or more of:
--PaaS (platform as a service), SaaS (software as a service) and/or IaaS (infrastructure as a service).
-- Atlassian Tool Suite ( BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus)
-- AWS CloudFormation and/or deployment automation
-- Docker and/or Container ServicesNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.