Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer 3 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Technical Editor and Writer 3
Requisition ID: 18009328
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Our Rolling Meadows, IL facility is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team.
You will be working on authoring and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Bachelors' degree and 6 years related experience or Master's and 4 years related experience
• Demonstrated competency in desktop and publishing applications should include the following:
o Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
o Broadvision (QuickSilver)
o Arbortext Editor
o Adobe Acrobat Suite
• Other knowledge, skills, and experience include:
o print production
o researching data
o interpreting engineering documentation, to include wiring diagrams and schematics
o conducting customer reviews and incorporating review comments
• U.S. citizen and ability to obtain Security Clearance-Secret
• Knowledge of XML/SGML and basic knowledge of graphics packages such as IsoDraw, Corel Suite or Adobe Illustrator.
• Military background or experience documenting countermeasures systems, ATE, Radar, or targeting systems
• Experience with Mil Standards (Air Force, Navy, Army)
• Arbortext Content Management Systems
• Knowledge of S1000D or SCORM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor and Writer 3
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 18009328