Northrop Grumman Program Manager 2 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Top Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems has an opening for a Manager Programs 2 to support the Payload and Ground Systems Division in the RAP and Active RF OU's within the Remote Sensing business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrixed-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout) or re-compete. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning and proposal development
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...)
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
• Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Ensure program team understands & adheres to the contract scope.
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization
• Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
• Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
A successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
• Have the ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
• Consistently make time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
This management role will require you to complete an assessment as part of the application process. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo .
man.com/SQMVideo (http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo) .
• Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years’, or Master’s and 7 years’ experience supporting Government contracts and/or project management in other industries
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Active Top Secret clearance
• The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• Demonstrated expertise in RF technology development.
• Active TS/SCI
Salary Range: $134,200.00 - $201,200.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.