Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Systems-Modeling & Simulation in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Principal Systems Engineer based out of our Rolling Meadows, IL . At Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
System Design: This department also includes Modeling & Simulation engineers. A primary task for a modeling and simulations engineer is development of in-house models and algorithms. Typically models are in MATLAB and represent various aspects of the system from antenna performance to whole system engagement models. Strong domain knowledge combined with valuable software development skills are required to produce the accurate models that drive the critical analysis needed to design our future systems. This department also includes engineers that are involved with creating and refining Model Based System Engineering products (System behavioral models, Use Case realizations, State Machines, etc.), generation and update of System and sub-system level specifications in DOORS, including requirements traceability, creation of Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM), verification traceability (tracing requirements to test plans/procedures/results), and update and maintenance of system drawings and documents. As a part of the SEIT team, a Systems Design engineer is exposed to the front end Systems Engineering process and coordinates across many disciplines to ensure that the system description and requirements are properly and thoroughly defined and captured.
During the interview process, our team will seek to understand both your experience and preferences in order to determine which area provides the best opportunity for you to succeed. These groups and engineering roles with SEIT provide a great opportunity to work alongside a variety of other Systems, Hardware, Software and Mechanical engineers to successfully execute on mission-critical programs.
• Principal Engineer Systems , BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 5+ years related experience or MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 3+ years related experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
• Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
• Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems
• Active Secret Clearance is required with ability to be cleared to Top Secret.
• Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software. Agile experience a plus.
• Knowledge of MATLAB, C, C++, CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML, Python, or other scripting languages
• Experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) concepts and tools (Rhapsody)
• Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
• Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
• Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems evaluation
• Experience in development and earned value management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
• Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to Targeting, EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Active Top Secret Clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering