Northrop Grumman Precision Electromechanical Assembler 2 IRCM for 2nd shift in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Northrop Grumman is committed to manufacturing high-performing products that protect the members of our armed forces who work every day to preserve our freedom. By joining our Manufacturing team, you'll be helping build these cutting edge products.
Our Rolling Meadows, IL facility is looking for a Precision electromechanical Assembler for 2nd shift.
Performs a variety of operations to assemble precision electromechanical products such as gyros and gear train mechanisms. Performs tasks such as drilling, reaming, burnishing, and tapping; uses precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance to specified tolerance. Assembles, disassembles, repairs and reassembles precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions. May assemble and modifies prototype precision units for engineering personnel. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· Fabrication / Build / Rework of the products and assemblies
· 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Perform the assembly of the products using standard, repetitive electromechanical techniques, use of basic handheld tools with good dexterity
· Perform accurate data/record keeping
· Solder in accordance with specified workmanship standards
· Follow shop safety practices and procedures during assembly operations
· Perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
· Ability to work with epoxies, paints, adhesives and coatings
· Ability to work from designs, work instructions, and verbal instructions
· Ability to complete in house Solder, Optics, ESD and FOD certifications
· Ability to use Microsoft Office products
· Strong attention to detail and excellent manual dexterity
· Capable of perform precision assembly and soldering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production