Northrop Grumman Logistics Program Manager in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
The Logistics Program Management (LPM) team located in Rolling Meadows, IL (near Chicago) is seeking a self-starting, team-oriented leader to project manage defense Logistics on a program for the Infrared Countermeasure (IRCM) product line. This Integrated Product Team (IPT) position provides exposure opportunities with leaders in the program office as well as across functional departments within the company in support of program execution. In this role, close customer and end-user interface will be required to successfully integrate, produce, and support fielded systems. Product line knowledge, Cost Account Management (CAM), and technical IPT skills will mature in this dynamic environment.
Rolling Meadows Defense Product Support functional areas include Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS), Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Supportability Engineering, Product Safety/Human Factors, Technical Publications & Training (TD&T), Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) tracking, Logistics Systems Engineering, and Logistics Program Management (LPM). The LPM is the IPT leader for the above mentioned Logistics Functional areas and has overall responsibility to a program for all Logistics content (schedule, budget, quality) throughout the period of performance.
Specific duties will include:
• Primary Logistics interface with Program Office, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Contracts, and Mission Assurance on all aspects of the program to ensure all program goals are met
• Lead the Logistics portion of pre-proposal and proposal activity, including the review of specifications, scope of work, and financial requirements of the contract with minimal guidance
• Responsible for production, integration, and/or sustainment planning & execution
• Program manage Logistics content, meet Earned Value (cost & schedule), and quality requirements. Manage Logistics program deliverables to ensure on-time compliance.
• Proactively manage risks and opportunities such as allocation of resources, modification of schedule, or revision of contractual specifications and work with the Functions, Program Office, and Customer on resolution
• Proactively identify and respond to customer needs to support Program Growth.
• Provide customer training, as required by the contract
• Prepare Logistics content for Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), and other reviews
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of related Logistics/field support experience or Master's degree with a minimum of 1 years of related Logistics/field support experience
• Demonstrated project management skills to include conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close under general supervision
• Experience managing contractual deliverables to cost, schedule, and quality
• Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate with cross-functional teams internally and with Customers externally
• Ability to drive problem resolution in technical disciplines and provide solution recommendations to moderately complex problems
• Experience supporting designs from a Logistics perspective with low to medium complexity
• Ability to understand technical requirements, their impact on Logistics elements, and provide design recommendations on low to moderately complex programs
• Demonstrated presentation skills to management to include program status and program reviews for both internal and external customers
• U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain Security Clearance - Secret
• Must be proficient in using MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Experience in Defense Logistics
• Demonstrated experience with all Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) elements with emphasis on project management of new hardware and software systems
• Experience with the IRCM product line and NGC processes
• Experience leading product production, integration, or sustainment programs
• Knowledge of government contracting requirements and proposal process
• Earned value experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management