Northrop Grumman Electronic Technician 2 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at Northrop Grumman. At our core, we're a big group of tech geeks, sports fans, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen tech as we are about free morning coffee, so our team has the privilege to work on high tech electronics, and so will you.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Electronic Technician 2 for our Rolling Meadows, IL location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors.
Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks.
Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level.
Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities
• Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent military technical school
• Excellent soldering and de-soldering skills with surface mount and through hole components.
• Repair, modification and rework experience to PCB assemblies in Manufacturing and Engineering environments.
• Experience using soldering tools such as de-soldering stations, under board heaters and ovens.
• Experience working with test equipment, including oscilloscopes and DVMs.
• Ability to repair/build circuit cards, cable harnesses, prototypes, and special test equipment.
• Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and follow written and verbal descriptions.
• Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to handle and assemble small parts.
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
• Experience with placement and removal of Gull wing, J-Lead and BGA packages.
• Experience working with unpackaged integrated circuits, micro-scale electronic components, or related technologies.
• Experience in auto and manual wire bonding (including Ball, Wedge, Ribbon, and Split Tip as small as .0007 inches).
• Experience maintaining military aircraft associated electronics.
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support