Northrop Grumman Electronic Technician 2 (2nd Shift) in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Electronic Technician 2 (2nd Shift)
Requisition ID: 18005310
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Electronic Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL. manufacturing organization builds various RF products for military applications.
The manufacturing environment requires attention to detail, precision and quality. The position utilizes a variety of equipment to test and troubleshoot highly sensitive electronic components, assemblies, and products. The nature of the work will require use of various electronic measurement and test equipment. All test procedures are to be performed by following written and verbal direction, also requires the ability to follow engineering drawings or other visual aids.
The Rolling Meadows facility offers a fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and a friendly, casual work environment with an alternative 9/80 workweek schedule for this position. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission System Sector means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe and reshaping the world we live in.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform standard electromechanical techniques and use of standard hand-held tools
- Build and test component, sub-assemblies and products in support of the organization needs and schedules.
- Troubleshoot sub-assemblies to determine cause of malfunction
- Use of moderately complex electronic test equipment
- Perform electrical alignment /calibration of electronic instruments
- Load /unload assemblies into the environmental chambers
- Perform vibration test of assemblies
- Provide support to upper level technicians and engineering
- Perform accurate tests and data collection
- Follow shop safety practices and procedures during assembly and test operations
- Perform tasks in accordance with the company electro-static discharge (ESD) procedures
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A.S. in electronics or equivalent from a military technical school
- Experience using schematics or diagrams
- Experience working with test equipment including RF Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, oscilloscopes and DVMs
- Ability to move and position objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to handle and assemble small parts
- Experience with computers and test station operating systems
- Able to effectively communicate within a team environment
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:- A.S. in electronics or equivalent from a military technical school- Experience using schematics or diagrams- Experience working with test equipment including RF Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, oscilloscopes and DVMs- Ability to move and position objects weighing up to 35 lbs.- Ability to handle and assemble small parts- Experience with computers and test station operating systems- Able to effectively communicate within a team environment- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Active or previous Secret security clearance
- Experience troubleshooting RF assemblies and products
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Electronic Technician 2 (2nd Shift)
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 18005310