Northrop Grumman Program Manager 2 in Rocket Center, West Virginia
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Program Manager to direct and oversee a major production program in our Tactical Propulsion Market Area. The position resides at our Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) facility located in Rocket Center, WV.
The PM directs all phases of the program from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout). The PM is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical execution for all elements of the program, overseeing a cross-function team of professionals generating approximately $50M in annual sales. The PM will be responsible for managing the customer relationships, needs, and expectations as well as driving the execution of the production program. The desired candidate must have good interpersonal skills to build and maintain a strong, trust-based and transparent relationship with the customer, their IPT (Integrated Program Team) and the Senior Leadership Team.
Summary and related Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program. The PM has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual, and schedule aspects of multiple programs.
• Has P&L responsibility for assigned programs.
• Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed.
• Provide overall leadership to program team and ensure technical compliance.
• Acts as customer interface for program activities.
• Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
• Develops and manages performance metrics on assigned program to drive continuous improvement.
• Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
• Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and Quality.
• Develops strong customer relationships and cultivates customer intimacy
• Acts as the primary customer interface for Northrop Grumman
• Leeds the planning and execution of follow-on proposals and other business development activities.
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
• Develops and delivers presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
• Performs risk and opportunity management
•Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Additional 4 years of applied experience can be substituted for degree.
•Minimum of 5 years of experience managing mid to large size programs or similar work experience.
•Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
•Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities
•Available to provide after-hours and/or weekend Program Management support as needed (on rare occasions)
•Ability to travel (5% to 10%)
•Experience managing both CPFF and FFP contract types with profit and loss responsibility
•Demonstrated ability to lead teams
•Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationships
•Must be a US Citizen as you must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
•Experience with executing DoD product manufacturing contracts.
•Experience with USG FAR and DFAR regulations
• Direct work experience with Department of Defense Government and Major Prime Contractors (Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing)
• Previous Profit and Loss responsibility
• Experience with manufacturing Tactical Propulsion energetic products
• Active security clearance, secret.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management