Northrop Grumman Mgr Test Engineering 1 in Rocket Center, West Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers defense, space, and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include missile products, propulsion, related subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGDS's Missile Products Division is seeking a Manager 1 for Test Engineering at our Allegany Ballistics Lab (ABL) location in Rocket Center, WV. ABL develops and manufactures a broad range of products, primarily for defense, with a focus on tactical solid rocket propulsion. This technical management position oversees a team of Test Engineers who support our product teams in the Electronic Fuzing Area.
The Test Engineering Manager maintains, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for oversight of testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Manage the daily test operations of the Electronic Fuze Test Engineering Group
• Provide leadership and development support to team members
• Analyze data and drive test/tester improvements and uptime
• Provides input to test design to ensure testers/test handling systems are easily operated by operational personnel
• Aids maintenance in the tester preventive maintenance program
• Tracks test and spare test equipment calibrations to ensure calibrations do not hinder test time
• Troubleshoots and oversees tester uptime and yields
• Manage group staffing to meet workload and coordinate with process/test technician group for off shift test support
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to make sound technical decisions
• Attention to details
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline
• 6+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to operate in a demanding, high-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks
• Ability to travel approximately 10-15%
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
• Previous responsibility leading day-to-day activities of a test engineering or engineering group.
• Ability to formulate and execute complex project plans and initiatives
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills
• Clearly demonstrated commitment to open communication and customer satisfaction
• Experience testing electronic circuit card assemblies and electronic electromechanical assemblies
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering