Northrop Grumman Manager Aeronautical Engineering 3 in Rocket Center, West Virginia
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager Aeronautical Engineering 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rocket Center, WV.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a highly-qualified candidate with outstanding leadership skills to lead a team of managers and design engineers for the Propulsion Product Engineering Department at the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory in Rocket Center, WV. The qualified applicant will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and transition to production of cutting edge, tactical solid rocket motor propulsion systems, as well as other aerospace and defense articles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead a team of engineering managers responsible for the design, development, and production oversight of propulsion systems across numerous applications
Oversee the execution of engineering work products of the entire department
Define and drive departmental practices to ensure organizational and statutory policies are adhered to with excellence
Establish and maintain efficient and effective teams
Evaluate manager's individual performance and provide feedback through periodic reviews
Support business development pursuits and proposals
Serve as the chairman on various engineering review boards
Track and manage staffing needs and engineering assignments for the entire department
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
• 9 years in design and development of complex systems
• Experience leading a team of individuals to achieve a common goal on a large or challenging effort
• Prior demonstrated managerial experience
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a wide range of audiences
• Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• 14 years in tactical solid rocket motor propulsion design, development, transition to production, or production support
• Prior demonstrated managerial experience of other managers or a diverse team
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering