Northrop Grumman Dir Mission Assurance in Rocket Center, West Virginia
DIRECTOR MISSION ASSURANCE
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector, Weapons Systems Division, Missile Products Business Unit is seeking a Director Mission Assurance for the Tactical Propulsion and Ordnance Operating Unit (OU). In this exciting and challenging role, the Director will be responsible for the leadership of an established team of engineers, managers, and technicians. The position is located at the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) in Rocket Center, West Virginia. This position will report to the OU Operations Director.
• Lead the day-to-day execution of the Mission Assurance organization;
• Through direct and matrixed reporting relationships, lead multiple organizations to focus on safety, the delivery of quality hardware and products for a variety of government and commercial customers; and conducting quality assurance audits;
• Manage Mission Assurance Engineering, Supplier Quality, Document Control, Configuration, NDT, Quality Management Systems, Metrology, and various Inspection Departments;
• Develop, communicate, and implement vision, strategy, goals and metrics that align with and drive business objectives for safety, cost, quality, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement;
• Ensure customer satisfaction through the planning, implementation, and control of internal and external customer requirements;
• Serve as the management representative for the Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with AS9100 D with responsibility to lead the planning, implementation, and control of an effective QMS;
• Accountable for the planning, implementation, and control of regulatory and statutory requirements;
• Plan, implement, and control the quality requirements flow down to suppliers and verification of compliance to purchase requirements;
• Drive supplier improvement through teaming activities with the Integrated Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization;
• Utilize effective talent management strategies to attract, retain, develop, and engage the right talent for the organization;
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with work teams, customers, program management, and other support organizations within Defense Systems and Northrop Grumman;
• Develop, foster, and enhance a strong working relationship with customers and government agencies (MDA, DCMA);
• Must be able to perform multiple complex tasks and establish priorities while meeting all commitments and compliance requirements; and
• Participate on Senior Leadership Team and support ongoing commitment to Safety, Quality and On-time Delivery.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline
• 10+ years of relevant experience in quality, supply chain, program management, technical management and/or manufacturing
• Ability to operate in a demanding, high-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel approximately 15%
• Candidate should be a strong collaborator with the ability to work across multiple areas within Northrop Grumman and be comfortable navigating a matrix environment.
• Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks
• Strong knowledge in the implementation and sustainment of an AS9100 QMS.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Previous responsibility leading day-to-day activities in propulsion processing and operating areas
• Demonstrated ability to lead a large and diverse group, establish clear expectations and inspire commitment, build teams, value diversity, and put people first
• Ability to further continuous, yet controlled improvements, in organizations and processes and strengthening of workforce skills through application of lean thinking principles and tools
• Ability to formulate and execute complex project plans and initiatives
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Clearly demonstrated commitment to open communication and customer satisfaction
• Experience working with Government agencies
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support