Northrop Grumman Master Technician (Assembly & Test) in Ridgecrest, California
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Ridgecrest, CA is currently seeking a Master Technician (Assembly & Test) for their AARGM efforts.
In this role, the selected candidate Performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, fastening, assembly, assisting engineers in the development of engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication. Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions. Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications. This is a highly skilled non-exempt role and typically has a clearance (depending on program assignment), is deployed to multiple programs and must be able to perform more than one of the following duties: mechanical technician, engineering technician, electronic technician, and/or general technician duties.
• High school diploma/GED
• Minimum of five (5) years of assembly experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years of proven electronics testing experience.
• Experience with oscilloscopes, wave generators, using hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Basic Electronic knowledge (AC/DC/resistance measurements).
• Experience utilizing computers and software used for data acquisition.
• Experience setting up test apparatus and conducting tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
• Must be able to work closely in teams and independently.
• Must be able to obtain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US citizenship required.
• Current/active Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support