Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Optical in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today .
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Staff Engineer Optical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Laser & Sensor Subsystems Department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of architectures and requirements for emerging communication systems
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design and build communication systems payloads
• Take responsibility for attracting and obtaining new company business, including leadership roles on proposals and captures
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 14 years of optical communication systems or Photonics experience in an aerospace environment; or 12 years of optical communication systems or photonics experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 9 years of optical communication systems or Photonics experience with a STEM PhD
• Experience developing architectures and requirements for optical communication systems
• Experience in the development of space-based communication systems payloads
• Familiarity with multidisciplinary aspects of optical communications terminal development, including optical, electronic, controls, mechanical, and mechanism-related disciplines
• Ability to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, or the ability to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering