Northrop Grumman Space Systems Engineer 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Space Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18006558
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering has an opening for a Systems Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing and defining system-level design concepts that meet the mission needs of our Customers on a variety of programs.
The selected candidate will work with all engineering disciplines needed to develop system requirements and architectures and establish systems capabilities and operational concepts. Project roles span all phases of product development cycle, from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs delivering integrated hardware and software systems. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
- Systems Engineers support all levels of requirements development and verification.
- Specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, functional flow, timing, and interface integration development
- Decomposition of high level requirements and their allocation to subsystems, hardware and software configuration items
- Requirements management and configuration control using modern database tools to manage configuration and traceability, and interface with modeling tools to verify system configuration and operation.
Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in multiple engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an ABET accredited university and 2 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an ABET accredited university and 0-2 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering)
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Space Systems Engineer 2
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18006558