Northrop Grumman Section Manager Space Vehicle LOS in Redondo Beach, California

At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.

Northrop Grumman's Aerospace System's Vehicle Engineering (VE) organizationis seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Line-of-Sight (LOS) Section Manager (SM). The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.

The LOS Section Manager is responsible for providing functional home room (FHR) management of a team of ACS and LOS analysts, ACS subsystem engineers and hardware engineers who are responsible for the development of multiple ACS baselines for multiple increments. The selected candidate will interface frequently with his section members, her/his functional manager and all the programs her/his team supports. The manager will be tasked with setting and implementing functional/organizational objectives and providing guidance to employees. Additional responsibilities performance tracking and evaluation of section members and assisting/leading hiring activities for her/his group. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the section members with functional, human resource and development activities. This SM role will comprise approximately 20% of the selected candidate's work and the remaining 80% will be fulfilling a technical role as an ACS/LOS engineer.

Ideal candidate will have the following skills:

  • Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills and professional development/mentoring skills

  • Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop effective processes

  • Technical background in Attitude Control Subsystem and Line-of-Sight design

Basic Qualifications:

  • Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with a minimum of 7 years of experience

  • Experience in ACS development deliverables and processes

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Masters or PhD in STEM

  • Demonstrated leadership experience

  • Full life-cycle experience on Space Vehicle programs

Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.