At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in Stealth Technology . We are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for Stealth / Low Observable / Radar Cross Section (RCS) / Signature / Survivability Engineers to work on exciting and challenging projects.
This position can be filled at a Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 3) or Senior Principal Survivability Engineer (Level 4) based on qualifications listed below.
We need your help to engineer at the edge of the impossible!
We would like you to bring your experience in design integration, product support or antenna integration to assist our highly skilled an innovative team.
• Use the latest classified cutting-edge technology to reduce the detectability of aircraft in the electromagnetic, infrared, visual and acoustic spectrums.
• Predict the performance of your design using proprietary analysis codes.
• Get you hand dirty and verify your prediction and the design bybuilding and testing physical models.
• Optimize the design for Stealth while meeting the requirement of all other engineering disciplines.
• Take Responsibility for achieving customer goal and balancing the design in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and extensive collaboration.
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in Stealth (design integration, product support or antenna integration).
• Must have an active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance.
• A Special Access Program (SAP)/Program Access Request (PAR) will be initiated on the selected candidate and must be active before a start date can be established.
• Educational/ Experience Requirements:
o Principal Survivability Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline AND 5 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master's degree AND 3 years of related professional/military engineering experience.
o Senior Principal Survivability Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline AND 9 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master's degree AND 7 years of related professional/military engineering experience, OR a Ph.D. AND 0 years of related professional/military engineering experience.
• Demonstrated Knowledge and Experience using the latest classified cutting-edge technology to reduce the detectability of aircraft in the electromagnetic, infrared, visual and acoustic spectrums.
• Experience with Northrop Grumman proprietary computational electromagnetic analysis codes or similar computational electromagnetic analysis codes used by our competitors or customers.
• Complete understanding and capability to plan and implement Radio Frequency (RF) modeling and testing of complex classified targets at nations premier indoor/outdoor RCS/RF test facility.
• Working knowledge of the requirements of other supporting engineering disciplines to help in achieving optimization of Stealth goals and a balanced design.
• Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-disciplined team and customers.
• Knowledge of Applied Electromagnetics / Aircraft Survivability, and a Comprehensive understanding of Electromagnetic Energy transmission though space and within materials.
• The ability to post process complex electromagnetic data to identify and exploit trends to help our aircraft vanish from the RADAR screen.
• Master's degree in physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
• A current active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SAP).
Salary Range: $104,600 - $157,000
Salary Range 2: $129,700 - $194,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.