Northrop Grumman Principal Reliability Engineer (Regulatory/Code Compliance) in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Principal Reliability Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is based out of our Redondo Beach, CA location.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
• Gather a deep understanding of the infrastructure throughout the Space Park Campus facilities, including all related mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
• Perform periodic reviews of the site infrastructure throughout the Space Park Campus facilities and identify areas of reliability concerns and with high risk of failure.
• Be the in-house expert on regulatory code compliance concerns, including structural code (ex. building codes) and fire protection compliance (ex. NFPA), and be willing and able to research specific code requirements for particular applications.
• Execute the Northrop Grumman Space Systems' Risk Process concerning infrastructure systems, incorporating all data into the Risk Assessment Database.
• Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress throughout the project lifespan to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules, with a primary focus on regulatory code compliance.
• Participate in risk analysis of the site infrastructure and provide solutions to mitigate those risks.
• Be able and willing to lead small-scale projects that focus on infrastructure-related activities around campus.
• Lead the root cause/fault mode analysis of infrastructure failures throughout the campus and provide documentation of those findings.
• Interface with the Facilities Maintenance department personnel as required to identify potential maintenance engineering issues (on existing equipment and new construction), which includes troubleshooting issues when the maintenance department requires engineering assistance, and to mitigate risks.
• Coordinates with Facilities Project Leaders and architecture/engineering firms in developing/reviewing design criteria and/or layout and detail drawings, again focusing on regulatory compliance (ex. building codes, NEC, NFPA, etc.).
• Reviews data concerning infrastructure specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Support the Facilities Reliability and Infrastructure Optimization department as required.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field and five (5) years of engineering experience with an emphasis on facilities regulatory/code compliance analysis OR a master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field and three (3) years of engineering experience with an emphasis on facilities regulatory/code compliance analysis.
• Experience researching regulatory/code compliance information and applying that knowledge to design reviews and field inspections during construction projects and/or applying that knowledge when reviewing maintenance requests for alterations to an existing building/system.
• Proven ability to work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Experience communicating requirements and working with internal and external customers to coordinate difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (DoD TS/SCI with SSBI).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Current top secret clearance.
• Holds an up-to-date Professional Engineering (PE) license or an EIT certificate.
• Aerospace industry facilities or production equipment management experience.
• Experience working in a mission critical facility environment by participating in design, construction, commissioning, or miscellaneous supporting activities for production-centric facilities.
• Experience working with control systems (ex. building management system [BMS] and related controls).
• Familiarity working with complex facilities infrastructure feeding clean rooms/labs, offices, and manufacturing spaces, particularly in how they relate to production equipment concerns.
• Experience using IBM MAXIMO or a similar CMMS tool.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate