Northrop Grumman Mission Engineering & Operations (ME&O) Center Systems Architecture (SA) Department Section Manager - Manager Systems Engineering 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
The Systems Architecture Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% or more of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Mission Engineering & Operations Center. The Section Manager shall be the functional management point of contact at the work site for a Systems Architecture Section and will support and implement activities supporting Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the SA Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
· Perform resource planning and staffing; staff development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, annual reviews, and issues resolution.
· Deployment, measurement, and improvement of tailored, agile, Space Systems processes and procedures and supporting product cost reduction strategies.
· Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Will work with customers, subcontractors and consultants to review, assess and implement space systems requirements.
Candidates to have Systems Engineering Technical Leadership in alignment with the department specific domain expertise defined below:
· Systems Architecture engineers will lead systems engineering activities in support of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development, Thread Engineering, Mathematical Algorithm Requirements Specification (MARS) Development, Orbital Analysis & Determination, and System Security Engineering.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 5+ years of engineering experience OR
Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline with 3+ years of engineering experience
Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering and/or Space Systems Programs
Active SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR an active clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years.
STEM Master's Degree
Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Previous experience as a manager or leading teams.
Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering