Northrop Grumman Mgr Engineering 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Mgr Engineering 2
Requisition ID: 18009446
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Mgr Engineer -3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This is a functional manager position that reports into the Flight Sciences Department within the Vehicle Engineering directorate of the Aerospace Systems Sector. This position is responsible for the people, processes, tools, and technology to meet the current and future Computational Fluid Dynamics needs of the unclassified and classified programs in Redondo Beach. Successful candidate will have a concurrent position within one of these programs and will assume this functional management role as an additional duty.
The manager will coordinate staffing requirements with all IPTs and support all staffing processes, including reviewing resumes and conducting interviews. She/he will support establishment and maintenance of Flight Sciences specific processes, design manuals, and common tools for sector programs. The manager will facilitate and promote improvement initiatives, and sharing of lessons learned and best practices between programs. She/he will support technical oversight across the sector, including independent reviews of major programs and support of proposals. The manager will identify technology needs essential to the current and future requirements of the program IPTs. She/he will administer the PMP and salary review processes in conjunction with program IPT leaders and the Flight Sciences functional home room to ensure timely, accurate input from the IPT leaders, and consistency across employees in the disciplines/skill areas. The manager will identify the capital asset, indirect, and training budgets required for the personnel to perform their statements of work.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain program access
- 5years of experience in aircraft design and analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- An advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in air vehicle design or analysis
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive teams with engaged team members
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-department, cross-function and between Program and Functional Homeroom as part of a top performing functional team
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communication skills (upward and downward)
- Knowledge and experience with Functional Homeroom processes (e.g., Staffing, Processes, Metrics, Training)
- Strong technical trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mgr Engineering 2
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18009446