Northrop Grumman Mgr Business Management 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
This position will report to the Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting and will perform technical GAAP accounting research and other financial analysis as required. Position responsibilities and duties include:
• Provide on-call technical accounting guidance using US GAAP and coordinate research findings and evaluation of alternatives with external auditors.
• Draft accounting position papers summarizing technical accounting issues, application of accounting guidance to the company, alternatives available and recommendations.
• Evaluate the potential effects on all newly established and/or potential accounting principle changes implemented by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, Securities Exchange Commission, and/or any other financial regulatory entities.
• Support contract EAC and profitability reviews. Review and provide guidance on revenue recognition and performance obligation conclusions reached under ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
• Review various schedules and financial data and deliverables in support of the Sector's monthly and quarterly closes and SEC filings.
• Manage the Sector's compliance with state Incentive Agreements. Review periodic filings related to these agreements.
• Update and maintain accounting policies for new accounting pronouncements and other changes.
• Conclude and provide guidance on accounting for leases.
• Review monthly lease accounting entries and disclosures.
• Lead in the sector's implementation of new accounting standards and company-wide initiatives.
• Prepare and present technical accounting training on a regular basis.
• Lead the Sector's SOX program, including evaluation of risk environment and adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Review Internal Audit findings to assess SOX implications.
• Perform miscellaneous financial analysis as required.
• Lead accounting and reporting efforts on ERP and other ad hoc projects.
Job Category : Business Management