Northrop Grumman Manager Programs 3 (Intelligence Research and Threat Analysis) - Redondo Beach, CA in Redondo Beach, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Our Aeronautics sector is looking for a Program Manager, Level 3 to lead our Intelligence Research and Threat Analysis (ITA) team. The ITA is part of our System Analysis and Simulation's (SA&S) Advanced Threat Research and Modeling (ATR&M) organization.
SA&S directly supports our Strategy and Business Development organization to evaluate the performance of existing and candidate system designs in representative operational environments. Our work influences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. The Ops Analysis / Modeling and Simulation discipline itself is a mesh of many other fields (e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates across functional disciplines, offering a highly unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
The ITA Manager will have accountability for managing an ever increasing growth of the ATR&M organization. As SA&S's responsibilities and footprint increases, the requirement for advanced threat research and analysis in support of creating accurate physics based simulations requires a robust research and analysis team. Proven leadership is a vital prerequisite as this role is responsible for ensuring the integrity of multiple, complex projects ranging from working with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) architecture tools to ensuring that advanced models of future and existing threats are accurately represented in a complex simulation environment. The ITA Manager will partner with our Space, Mission Systems, and Defense Systems sectors to insure enterprise Threat Modeling Simulation and Analysis capabilities are accurate and represent realistic existing and future threat systems. This will require a premium on customer intimacy, data accuracy and clear communication in a dynamic and challenging environment.
In this role, the ITA Manager must ensure that research, documentation and analysis of advanced threat systems from a myriad of potential adversaries are captured, analyzed and then translated into an MBSE architecture framework. This will allow SA&S simulation modelers to translate the information into accurate physics based models that will be integrated into threat scenarios in geographic locations around the world. The ITA manager and his team must also ensure that once these threat systems are translated into models and integrated into scenarios, that the systems portray accurate concept of operations, behaviors and tactics on how adversaries may employ these systems.
This position will report to the Director of Advanced Threat Research and Model Development, and will be responsible for the following:
· Lead a team performing advanced threat research and analysis to support program development, execution, and related research and development projects.
· Ensure team members use system engineering tools such as CAMEO to develop detailed descriptions of advanced threat systems, which will be used to adapt new and existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies
· Manage & integrate all SA&S and enterprise level advanced threat requirements to include in support of programs assigned by the ATR&M and SA&S Directors
· Create CAMEO products that meet realistic adversary threat representations
· Document, and ensure tactics, techniques, and procedures to support red kill chains across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms are accurately represented
· Work closely with the Modeling Development Center and the ATR&M Advanced Threat Scenario team to ensure modeled simulation behaviors in mission-level models, such as AFSIM and Suppressor accurately represent advanced adversary threats
· Utilize the Agile methodology for program management
· Lead a diverse group of analysts with a variety of backgrounds. Share your knowledge and expertise with junior personnel to help them grow in their career
· Ensure program/enterprise solutions meet all program security and corporate compliance requirements
· Lead teams of Project leads to implement wide-ranging specialty tasks in support of Modeling, Simulation and Analysis studies for Strategy and Business Development
· Configuration management and control of the project baseline through standing up of Systems Engineering best practices
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in one of the following areas: Advanced Military Systems, System Design, Modeling and Simulation of radars, missiles, Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS), Air and Space platforms, Analysis at the Survivability, Lethality, Vulnerability, Engagement / Mission Level
5 years of management experience
Working knowledge of agile tools (Git, SVN, Atlassian, or other tools)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Current and active DoD Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI access
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
Working knowledge of MBSE
Previous military experience in INDOPACOM, EUCOM and/or CENTCOM theaters
Foundational knowledge of adversary threats and their Command, Control and Communications architectures
Expertise in US tactics, techniques, and procedures as well as associated technologies
Understanding and familiarity with CAMEO tool suite
Understanding and familiarity of survivability and operational analysis frameworks and models, including but not limited to: AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, STK, BRAWLER, THORN
Experience with multi-fidelity MS&A tools for modeling and assessments, including ability to guide MS&A activities to model tactics and CONOPS for multi-fidelity assessments of platforms in a threat environment
Experience with development, integration, and/or test of weapon systems and military architectures, platforms, and force packages across multiple domains
Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, and CDR milestones
Electronic Warfare (EW)
Command and Control (C2)
Multi-Domain Operations (Air/Space/Cyber Integration)
Low Observables (LO)
Infrared (IR)/Electro-Optical (EO)/Acoustic Modeling/Analysis
Experience briefing analysis models, methodologies and results to senior leadership
Experience working in an Agile development environment
Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI or SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management