Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 5 in Redondo Beach, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy,
and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer 5to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo.
The selected candidate will execute tasks in requirements development and management as well as develop functional system architectures.
- Responsible for coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems in establishing and managing the technical baseline in support of review
Requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Execute Model Based Systems Engineering methods and create SysML/UML artifacts
Exhibit strong leadership characteristics in coordinating with multiple teams and managing tasks.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABETaccredited university and14+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
-Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and12+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
-PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance
- The ability to obtain program access Preferred Qualifications:
- STEM Master's degree
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with requirements development and requirements management
- Active, in-scope program accessNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering