Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 4 in Redondo Beach, California
Engineer Systems 4
Requisition ID: 18010157
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering has an opening for a Systems Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
Senior Systems Engineer on the Bedrock Program with familiarity of Mission Control Software systems. Background in software architecture, requirements, interfaces are key competencies. Position requires the applicant possess good time management and context switching skills in order to contribute to the development of multiple Services/Systems at (Pre-SRR - PDR) early stages. Comfort with analysis and modeling of payload hardware architectures a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 7 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 4 years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering)
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems 4
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18010157