Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 4 - Life Cycle Cost in Redondo Beach, California
Engineer Systems 4 - Life Cycle Cost
Requisition ID: 18005570
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Specialty Systems Engineering Department is seeking an exceptionally qualified and proven systems engineer to join our Life Cycle Cost team. This position is for the support of a program in the very early phase of development, where strategy is developed to shape a major capture. It requires technical knowledge and economic acumen to formulate LCC analysis approaches and methods to provide senior leadership the ability to make actionable decisions in a very agile manner.
Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing Life Cycle Cost (LCC), Design to Cost (DTC), Cost as an Independent Variable (CAIV) and Cost Reduction Initiative (CRI) analysis. Analytical tools/approaches leveraged include commercial/Gov’t parametric models, such as PRICE and SEER as well as custom developed parametrics determining correlation between operational or technical requirements and cost. The position requires experience developing complex cost models using advanced cost estimating techniques as well as excellent interpersonal skills required to solicit input, synthesize data, and communicate results to various levels of leadership. Leadership skill is required to lead and mentor more junior team members and interns. The analysis performed is done in a non-advocacy manner representing the organization as an “honest broker” providing credible cost analysis.
Candidates to have specific domain expertise in Systems Engineering, Configuration and Data Management, and/or Technical Integration throughout the conceptual design, design development and integration, production, sustainment process including test capabilities (Unit and System).
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 9 years of engineering experience in aerospace/defense or (7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD)
- Specific domain expertise in Systems Engineering, Configuration and Data Management, and/or Technical Integration throughout the conceptual design, design development and integration, production, sustainment process including test capabilities (Unit and System).
- Master’s or higher degree in a STEM discipline
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills;
- Prior Assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems 4 - Life Cycle Cost
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18005570