Northrop Grumman EMC/EMI Engineer 3 in Redondo Beach, California
EMC/EMI Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18008642
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The EMI/EMC Design and Test Engineer 3 will be the lead EMI/EMC engineer responsible for the complete compliance process including technical, cost, and schedule performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review and tailor EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD and TEMPEST
•Develop models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions & susceptibility.
•Create test reports, procedures, control plans and guidelines
The chosen candidate must have knowledge of EMI/EMC/TEMPEST testing. Experience with TILE software is a plus. The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team; must be willing to travel occasionally to locations elsewhere in the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
· Bachelors of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field from an accredited university
· 9 years of systems/aerospace engineering experience; 7 years of experience with a Masters; 5 years with a PhD
· Minimum 5 years of proven experience working on space programs, including business development, modeling & simulation, architectures, trade studies, integration & test, requirements, verification, validation, system test, design integration, etc.
· Thorough working knowledge of MIL-STD’s 461/464/704 (or equivalent commercial standards)
· Active SCI clearance
· Masters of Science degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field from an accredited university
· Previous EMC/EMI design leadership experience
· Knowledge of TILE software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: EMC/EMI Engineer 3
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18008642