At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for an Electronic Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Electronic Technician 3 within the Antennae & Product Manufacturing department supporting the Solar Array Manufacturing & Test section. Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development, assembly and integration of Space Vehicle mechanical and electro-mechanical components, assemblies, and systems. Familiarity with MS office, engineering work orders, drawings, and product specifications is a plus. Prior manufacturing and/or integration and test experience is strongly preferred. This position requires extended shifts, overtime, weekends when needed to meet hardware delivery dates.
• Handling delicate flight hardware using proper ESD and contamination control best practice.
• Utilizing Microsoft office tools such as Excel, Word, and Outlook to coordinate tasks and compile data to be used in engineering design evaluation.
• Performs advanced soldering using various types of solder on small-midsized solar array components.
• Performs space flight bonding operations using various adhesives for thermal, electrical, and mechanical connections on the solar array.
• Performs mechanical assembly and wire routing using space flight drawings and process documents.
• Operates robotic soldering and welding equipment using special software programs built for each robot.
• Prepare/Review task requirements, tool trades, and logistics required for the operations at the start of the task.
• Ability to review data and provide hardware/test recommendations to procedures or components to achieve testing specifications.
• Drafts detailed drawings for ground support fabrication.
• Provides feedback to management on project performance.
• Collaborating with all stakeholders for your task.
Typical duties include:
• Configure, maintain, and operate robotic manufacturing equipment.
• Perform assembly tasks using specific process requirements (bonding, soldering, wiring, etc) to support daily assignments.
• Utilizes calibrated tools and shelf life materials to perform assembly operations.
• Work in high bays and cleanrooms.
• Ability to work off hours and weekends when needed.
• Take ownership of hardware and report hardware status daily to floor supervisor or TC.
• Ability to use MS Office Suite of products to communicate with engineering and leadership.
Candidate must possess strong communication and technical writing skills, a demonstrated understanding of electrical and mechanical principles, and an ability and desire to learn and problem solve. Experience with mechanical design, test, basic electrical theory, and software programming is a plus.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D) required with 6 years' experience performing technician responsibilities.
• AA or other 2-year technical degree plus 4 years of related experience performing technician responsibilities.
• Knowledge and experience with mechanical test integration and operations using at least one of the following: Blueprints, engineering drawings, schematics, or written instructions.
• Experience using MS office tools and other software.
• Demonstrated experience in executing procedures.
• Active In-Scope SCI clearance access or able to obtain one.
• Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license with related experience OR Military MOS in a related field.
• Previous experience in mechanical I&T and test.
• Experience working on space flight hardware.
• Active In-Scope SCI clearance access or able to obtain one is a plus.
• Experience performing electrical testing on flight hardware.
Salary Range: $61,700 - $102,800
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs