Northrop Grumman Consulting Engineer Optical - EO/IR Sensors in Redondo Beach, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Consulting Engineer Optical - EO/IR Sensors to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be based in Redondo Beach, CA, with frequent travel anticipated within the Southern California region.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Electronics & Payloads Directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and maturation of architectures and requirements for space-based EO/IR sensor systems
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams to develop space sensor payloads
• Work closely with senior technical leaders at external suppliers to resolve technical design decisions and ensure the resolution of technical challenges
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 20 years of EO/IR sensor development experience in an aerospace environment; or 18 years of EO/IR sensor development experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 15 years of EO/IR sensor development experience with a STEM PhD
• Experience developing architectures and system requirements for space-based EO/IR sensors
• Experience leading the design and development of space-based EO/IR sensors
• Experience developing and delivering space-based EO/IR sensor hardware
• Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances: •Dept of Defense Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years
•OR Dept of Energy L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years
• Experience working closely with senior technical leaders at external suppliers to resolve technical design decisions and ensure the resolution of technical challenges
• Demonstrated intellectual property development related to EO/IR sensor technology, including patents, publications, etc
• Experience as a subcontract technical manager
• Ability to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR ability to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering