Northrop Grumman Advanced Weapons & Lethality Solutions Analysis Lead - Systems Engineer Modeling Simulation 5 in Redondo Beach, California
Advanced Weapons & Lethality Solutions Analysis Lead - Systems Engineer Modeling Simulation 5
Requisition ID: 18007037
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The individual in this role will lead the Advanced Weapons & Lethality Solutions focus area for the Systems Analysis & Simulation team within the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions organization. Studies include high-speed weapons, long-range air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons, directed energy, advanced countermeasures, and self-defense capabilities.
The Advanced Weapons & Lethality Solutions Analysis Lead 5 will lead development of new and existing system simulation frameworks, performance models, and algorithms, to identify, integrate, accurately represent, and evaluate emerging advanced weapons concepts and architectures, and convey results of those studies through effective visualizations. Activities include supporting military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility assessments.
Apply knowledge of advanced weapon systems and their capability to support blue and red kill chains across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms
Lead a team executing modeling, simulation, and analysis studies to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects.
Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 14 years (12 years with a Masters, 9 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have a strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression.
- Must have MATLAB fluency, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming.
- Must have an ability to read C code.
- Must have knowledge of radar fundamentals.
- Must have a minimum clearance of: active DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret w/ SCI.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Advanced Weapons & Lethality Solutions Analysis Lead - Systems Engineer Modeling Simulation 5
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18007037