Northrop Grumman Systems Software Analyst / Developer (Ab Initio) in Raleigh, North Carolina
Systems Software Analyst / Developer (Ab Initio)
Requisition ID: 18004900
Location(s): United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Systems Software Analyst / Developer with Ab Initio experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Raleigh, NC.
This position will support applications from end to end including requirements and design, specification review, source to target transformation, development, deployment and documentation. The ideal candidate will have recent, proven experience with Ab Initio, UNIX kornshell coding, Oracle and SQL/PLSQL experience, shell scripting and SQL tools. This is a first shift M-F job with occasional on-call pager rotation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data from various data sources throughout the organization to the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) staging area.
• Technical proficiency within a toolset and operational environment that utilize Ab Initio, UNIX/LINUX, and Oracle as primary technologies to accomplish customer objectives.
• Knowledge of Oracle, Ab Initio and tuning of both.
• Define error handling strategies using USPS toolset
• Perform process and performance tuning
• Work with DBA group to identify performance issues and assist to remedy the issues
• Develop mappings, sessions and workflows as per specifications
• Create deployment packages as well as migration documentation
• Document project lifecycles and ensure SOX compliance
• Provide production support for applications.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience. Additional 4 years' of work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Proven experience with Ab Initio
• Experience / Knowledge of Ab Initio
• Strong UNIX / Linux Skills
• Strong UNIX kornshell coding experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle, and other databases
• Oracle and SQL experience
• Shell scripting on UNIX and Linux platforms
• Excellent communication skills as position require interaction with customer.
• Research, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Position is based in Raleigh and does not offer relocation assistance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 15 years of relevant IT Experience
• Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
• Perl Scripting
• Experience with TOAD, SQL Developer and other Oracle Tools
• Test script creation and documentation
• Working knowledge of Teradata databases
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area - Relocation assistance not provided.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Software Analyst / Developer (Ab Initio)
Location: North Carolina-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 18004900