Northrop Grumman Prod Plng and Scheduler in Plymouth, Minnesota
Northrop Grumman's, Business Unit - Armament Systems, is seeking a Production Planning and Scheduler for our facility in Plymouth, MN.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Northrop Grumman's Armament Systems Business Unit is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. Armament Systems specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
Armament Systems is a leading supplier of integrated medium-caliber weapon systems for land, air and sea platforms through its world renowned Bushmaster® line of automatic cannons produced at its Mesa, Arizona facility.
Through its management of America's largest, privately owned proving grounds, Armament Systems allows NG and its customers the ability to rapidly test weapons and demilitarize them when necessary.
• Supports the organization's goals by managing and coordinating the supply and demand of programs and the availability of items either manufactured or purchased that support meeting our customer's goals and expectations.
• Responsible for supporting their respective programs by closely working with the Programs Manager, Material Program Manager, Process Engineer and other key program personnel on material requirements.
• Understands overall requirements both from procurement and in-house manufacturing - including attrition rates and any additional material needed for testing purposes.
• Responsible in analyzing material requirements with any on-hand available inventory.
• Responsible for executing and releasing purchase requisitions which will identify the material, quantity and date required that support the program requirements (manual releasing or firming MRP planned orders if applicable).
• Responsible for planning and coordinating the production build that supports the operational build schedule working with the appropriate factory management and personnel.
• Monitor the build through the factory and report status to the program team.
• Help to prioritize and expedite incoming material as necessary to ensure the material is inspected and accepted and placed into inventory necessary to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
• Responsible to participate in contract closeout.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Traffic, and Contract Administration; schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers, and request for shipping orders.
• 2 - 5 years of experience with a BA or BS degree or equivalent demonstrated experience.
• Knowledge of MRP required.
• Excellent math and communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Visio).
• Must be a US Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production