Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Structural 4/10 2nd Shift in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Staff Structural Analysis Engineer, 4/10 2nd shift. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures.
• Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
• Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
• Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
• Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
• Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
• Act as a Lead Engineer and mentor/provide direction to junior analysts
• BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 14 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) with 12 years of experience.
• Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
• Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Current DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
• Experience working on Special Access Programs
• Experience working on military aircraft
• Experience as a Lead Engineer managing a small group of analysts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering